Job ID 3078
Career Level Entry Level
Experience less than 3
The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Are you looking to work where your excellence will shine, professional standards are highly valued, and quality of care is respected?
The Four Villages Community Health Centre is a non-profit, primary health care facility located in the west end of Toronto. Since 1991, we have been providing primary health care and programs that include treatment, prevention of illness, health promotion, and capacity building primarily aimed at seniors, families with young children, youth, and newcomers.
We have a committed team of professionals – family doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, chiropodists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, social workers, therapists, community health workers and administrative staff. This is a unionized position.
The Receptionist/Secretary is an integral part of the team at Four Villages. This position works in a fast-paced environment to ensure that clients’ needs for access to services and programs are met efficiently and effectively, manages client flow within the facility and provides support to the clinical and non-clinical teams. This position is on-call basis and does not guarantee a minimum of hours per month. This job is suited for those who are looking for long term casual job.
• Efficient provision of reception services as per established protocols and practice, such as:
o receiving all clients/visitors, assessing their needs and directing them to appropriate
services or program,
o answering and screening of all telephone calls, ensuring that all information is
conveyed in a timely and accurate manner to all Four Villages staff.
• Client-related clerical duties, such as: o registering new clients,
o creating and maintaining client electronic charts,
o scheduling appointments for clients,
o ensuring accurate data entry of client information in computerized clinical software
o scanning and uploading documents into the electronic chart, o making photocopies and sending facsimiles as required.
• Administrative support duties, such as:
o closing Four Villages by ensuring all security systems are functional, o ensuring answering service is operational,
o receiving and distributing deliveries and mail,
o maintaining the waiting room area.
We strive to reach
individuals and groups in the community who face difficulty accessing the health system.
- High school diploma and certificate/diploma-level in secretarial/medical office administration education, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with office procedures in a health care setting.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to set priorities in a fast-paced
environment, preferably a community health care setting or in organizations that serve
- Experience with multi-line telephone system and a very busy front desk environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of medical terminology, certificate in medical terminology an asset.
- Proficiency in word processing.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, various software applications, including computerized
clinical information system software.
Hours of work: On-Call Basis, must be available to work evening shifts (till 8:00 pm)
Salary: Hourly Rate $19.74 plus 4% in lieu of vacation
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
and provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com(Subject: Relief Medical Receptionist).
We thank all the applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any requirements for accommodation due to disability, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. We will work with you to best meet your needs as per the resources available to us.
Four Villages is a scent-free environment.